METCALFE COUNTY CLERK
- Seller is required to sign title as appears on the front of the title.
- In case of joint ownership: "or, and/or" requires one signature; "and"
requires both signatures.
- Both seller and buyer signatures must be notarized.
- A correct odometer reading is required for the vehicle.
- Current proof of insurance is required. Insurance must be in the driver's name and on
vehicle to be titled.
- Any and all delinquent taxes must be paid prior to titling vehicle.
- License must be current to title.
- If a "title only" registration is done, the license plate must be turned back
in to the clerk's office.
- If registering or titling a vehicle from another state, a VTR must be signed and notarized.
- A sheriff's inspection is required prior to titling.
Kentucky released its new standard license plate design in 2020 featuring a flat surface instead of
the traditional raised numbers and letters.
Vehicle registration may be renewed at your County Clerk's
office by the last day of the month it is due.
All contents of this website Copyright © 2019 Metcalfe County Clerk's Office.
Site designed by Justin Hubbard 2018.